At a time where NOTHING went to waste, not even stale bread. Nonna (grandmother) had to make sure dinner was delicious and there was enough food for family & friends.
The idea of breaking the stale bread into breadcrumbs and adding it to a pasta dish was simply brilliant. This frugal ingredient adds a salty crunchy texture that will totally change your pasta!
Here's the basic recipe.
Serves 2 - 4 depending on the amount of pasta you put. You'll need:
- 1 x pkt of Col'tempo Pancetta
- 1/2 clove of garlic
- Italian Mixed herbs
A 10 minute breakfast that looks as delicious as it tastes. All you need is a muffin tray, eggs, olive oil, and of course Col'tempo Coppa Ham.
- Pre-heat the oven at 220 degrees.
- Coat a muffin baking tray with olive oil.
- Place 2 or 3 pieces of coppa in each "cup".
- Crack the egg into the cup.
- Place in the oven till the egg white turns opaque and the yolk is still soft. About 10 mins.(It will carry on cooking out of the oven)
- Gently remove your cup with a small spatula.
This dish is an Italian corner cafe favorite and is perfect for a light meal or as a starter for a dinner party.
- On a large plate or serving dish - Place the bresaola along the edge overlapping your way in, until it's all covered.
- Place a handful of fresh rocket on top.
- Grate or peel (with a veg peeler) some mature Parmesan.
- Drizzle with a good quality olive oil.
- Squeeze lemon juice on top to bring this dish to perfection!
Serve and enjoy!